Friday, August 22, 2008

Piecing Away!



I know I've been quiet for the past week, but the good news is that I've gotten in a significant amount of sewing. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm working on a quilt with a September deadline and am up against the fact that I will be away from home for an entire week at a conference and pre-conference workshop (hooray, San Francisco, here I come!).

Here are quick photos of some of the 120 blocks that make up this quilt - 60 light and 60 dark. I now have 115 of the 120 blocks totally done and the remaining 5 are about 2/3 pieced. One third of the quilt is totally pieced together, the remaining blocks are sewn in pairs, and the backing is in the dryer (I got smart and had the quilt shop cut it into three three yard segments to make it easier for me to manage).



Do you think I can finish in time? I'm pretty much down to tonight and tomorrow morning. I think I can... I think I can!

1 comment:

Kate North said...

It's a great set of blocks - I hope you can finish it in time :)

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and also ask if you got the email from me with your ALQS2 partner info - let me know when you have a moment. Thanks!