Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yes, it's hard to believe that we're already a week into 2010.  While I haven't felt terribly motivated to post of late, I have been getting in some quality quilting time, mainly trying to plow through the Thistlepod quilt in the hopes of having it hanging in my guild's show in March.  We'll see how that goes... I think I'm down to about 10 units left to piece, and a ton of papers to rip off, but I have a Netflix movie and a couple of Mad Men seasons on DVD that I got for Christmas (jury's still out on how I feel about Mad Men).


I did finally quilt two of the three table runners I showed in early November as somewhat belated Christmas gifts.  I'll get to doing the third one for myself sometime in the future...

Here's the first, which I quilted using a grid.


With a close-up:


And the second, which I stippled in the large squares (a good idea in theory, but I broke two needles trying to cross over at the corners, where there is quite a bit of bulk):



And a close-up:



I've been busy with a couple other things too, but I'll save those updates for another day.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Those look so classic! I love them. I really think I need to make a few...lord knows I have enough charm packs in my stash.

Tamara said...

We are loving the runner and it has a nice new home on the stereo! I find the technique fascinating....