Friday, December 21, 2007

Pillows

Still no quilting time for me, but the upcoming Christmas holiday did motivate me to finally follow-through on my promise to make my sister some matching pillows for the quilt I made my nephew for the baby shower.

The pillows are made with Minkee on the front and a yellow flannel on the back. So soft! I'm actually happy with the fit of the pillow sham on these, so I thought I'd share the dimensions I used, even if it's only to document them for myself for future reference. I used an 18" pillow form; the Minkee squares started off at 3.5"and finished to 3". The backing pieces were cut at 18.5" x 12.25" and the hem on them was a double-fold at .5" each time.

Here's a photo of the quilt, which currently hangs in Alex's room. Nothing like getting the pillows 8 months after he was born! Better late than never, I suppose.

No comments: