Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleepy Baby - Linus

On Saturday, the guild had a charity quilt workshop, which basically meant bringing along whatever project you might want to work on for charity. We had a decent turn-out of about ten members over the course of the time I was there - from 8:30 to 3. This year our designated charity is Project Linus, whose mission is "to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans..."

I decided to start on a kit that I'd picked up at Patched Works in December because I thought it was just too cute. The pattern is called Sleepy Baby by local Milwaukeean Connie Griffiths (at least I'm guessing local based on the 414 area code on the back of the pattern). The pattern uses the Sleepytime fabric line by Lori Gardner. This was a pretty quick and easy project that looks fabulous too. The pattern is definitely straightforward, but could benefit from a bit of spellchecking and editing. (Not that I ever make mistakes in my blog posts...)

In contrast to yesterday's post, the quilting on this went quite quickly as I just meandered all over. Interestingly, the same threads used to quilt Swirly-Gig worked perfectly for this project!


The guild meets tomorrow night, so I'll be showing this quilt and it'll make its way to some deserving child. Tina, if you like this one, I have an extra set of the panel blocks and could make something similar for nephew #2...

No comments: