Saturday, February 28, 2009

Piecing Away

I'm not quite sure what's been up with me lately, but I haven't been particularly motivated to finish any one project that I've been working on. I just keep piecing away on different projects - and have even finished all of the blocks for two out of the three projects I've got going right now - but I can't seem to motivate to actually sew the blocks together into a top. Hopefully I can get up the wherewithal this week.

So here are some photos of quilts in progress:

1. Sugar Candy Quilt
Purchased as a kit from the Fat Quarter Shop, this quilt uses the Simplicity fabric line by 3 Sisters and the pattern is designed by Deborah's Designs. The blocks are a good deal of piecing, but laying them together like this, I actually appreciate it all the more. Hopefully I can have it finished soon because it does make me think of spring and I've pretty much had it with the cold weather.



2. Hot Flash Quilt
These blocks will make up the Hot Flash quilt from Brenda Henning's book, Strip Therapy. I'm using one of the Mint Chip Bali Pops my parents bought me last year. I pretty much pieced these blocks in one evening, so that's not bad. Obviously, not a particularly difficult project, but I'm really liking it. Here you see the "dark" and "light" versions of two different strip sets.



3. Indigo Girl Quilt
Purchased as a kit from the Fat Quarter Shop, this quilt uses the Urban Indigo line from Fig Tree Quilts and the pattern is Jelly Roll Jive from A Graceful Stitch - Quilt Designs by Denise Sheehan. I'm currently about 40% finished with the blocks and this one has me yearning for spring too.


I'll keep you posted on progress this week as I do hope to find myself with some evening sewing time in the coming days.

No comments: