Sunday, March 1, 2009

4-Layer Cake

Last fall, while I was taking a course at MATC, I didn't have a lot of time for sewing. However, I was able to piece very quickly in December - right before heading to Cape Cod - this lovely quilt at right.

The quilt is made with one layer cake of the Winter fabric line by Minick and Simpson. I loved this line a lot - it's definitely for Christmas (wonderful poinsettias and candy canes!), but doesn't necessarily scream Christmas. And the blue is one of my favorite colors.

The pattern is called 4-Layer Cake, by Legacy Patterns, and finishes at approximately 57x75. It whips up really quickly and could be a very nice option if you're in a pinch for a gift, want to make something quick for a charity quilt, or want to use larger-scale focus fabrics.

Sandi quilted it for me and I love the little Christmas presents (at least I think of them as Christmas presents!) that are in the quilting design I selected.


This now makes two Christmas-themed quilts that I've finished since Christmas (read about the other one here) and can look forward to using later this year!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I really like how this turned out! and the fabrics are so nice and classic!