Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Postcards Received

To date, I've had the pleasure of receiving three of the postcards from my Valentine's postcard exchange. I showed you my own designs in my last post and thought you might enjoy the creative cards I received in exchange.

From Connie in North Carolina, I received this one featuring a central heart made of roses (a print) and applied on top of both a red and white lace layer over a bottom layer of red fabric. Connie bound her postcard in fabric, using fusible on the inside to iron it on. I learned this method last year in a guild workshop with Frieda Anderson and it's pretty slick.

From Karen in Colorado (the organizer of this postcard exchange), I received this card with what appears to be a hand drawn flower appliqued on top of several layers of vabric and featuring a number of heart decorative stitches and the words "be mine." Karen's satin stitch around the edge is amazing and way more perfect than mine was.

The third card I received is from Margaret in Virginia. Margaret paper pieced a heart in red and browns and put it on a lovely romantic floral background.

All three ladies downloaded a template and printed their postcard backs onto fabric through their printers. That was probably a wise move - I struggled to write on mine using Pigma pens.
In the future, I'll definitely be borrowing this idea from them.

I can't wait to see what else I get in the mail and I'll be sure to share them with you.

No comments: