Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Round Robin

I have just a little over a week to finish the final round of my round robin exchange (due Thursday 1/17). This round may well be the most difficult, as it is an “anything goes” round. We can do absolutely anything we want with the top. In previous rounds, at least we were limited in the options we could consider – appliqué, a border with triangles, etc. But now, it can be ANYTHING!

The top currently in my possession is Caren’s, and I think that it needs another round of border – it doesn’t seem right to end with the white at the outside. So I’m going to blend the white back out to a darker blue in a style similar to that of the trip around the world quilt I made for my parents. I hope this is the right decision, but I find I just have to take the leap of faith and move forward with it assuming that it is the right move, otherwise I'll never get anything done. I'm sorry the photo of the entire quilt is so small - I stole it from Lisa's webshots album documenting our group.

At least I have a plan, and I have the fabric (isn’t it yummy?). I need to sit down and calculate the math for cutting and to make everything fit. And then I will start. My mantra for this round: I WILL NOT be up until 3 a.m. the night before our swap to complete it!

No comments: