Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thoughtful husband

You know you have a wonderful husband when he goes on a business trip (which includes plenty of time for skiing) and he comes home with quilting goodies for you! I was sad that I didn't have the opportunity to go skiing, but I had a wonderful "auntie" weekend in Ohio with my family (with a wee bit of drama involved in getting there: a cancelled plane flight).

Anyways, look at the fun things he brought back for me: two patterns and a fat quarter bundle from the Tea Time Quilting & Stitchery shop in Breckenridge, which will apparently be featured in the next issue of Quilt Sampler. (I can't wait until this comes out. Always a fun read.) He really does know my tastes, and seems to share them too, for the most part, which is good. I'd seen the Three for Tea pattern by Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods on one of the Fat Quarter Shop postings a while back and had really liked it, but I did manage to resist the purchase. And this At Home quilt by Elizabeth Scott of Late Bloomer Quilts is really cute too. I just need some new jelly rolls to be able to make them (but I'm not supposed to be shopping...).

I love the brown and pink fabrics and already have two of them in my stash designated for other projects. So he was right in knowing that I'd like them. And who doesn't mind having more fabric?

What a sweet guy!

No comments: