No, I'm not experiencing hot flashes. Not old enough for that yet! But I did make some progress on a quilt called "Hot Flash" this weekend. I showed you a few of the blocks a couple of weeks ago in this post. The pattern is from from Brenda Henning's book, Strip Therapy and I used a Mint Chip Bali Pop.
As I finished the blocks, I wasn't quite sure how much I liked the quilt. And for some reason, my blocks were very different sizes. It could be that some of the strips from the Bali pops clearly were not straight (in some ways it's nice to know that even the machine-cut fabric has issues, but then... aren't I paying for it to be "perfect"?). It could also be that I didn't use the suggested template to cut out my triangles and opted instead to simply use the 45-degree angle on my ruler and my cutting board's lines to make my cuts. At any rate, I cut all of the blocks down slightly so that they fit together right (just don't pay attention to how the angled seams come together at the corners!). I like it much better now that it is finished and think it makes a nice complement to the Native Rainbow top I pieced earlier this year. Now I need to get them both quilted!
Speaking of quilting, this week I will be devoting my sewing time to machine quilting some of the many smallish tops I've had hanging around for some time. I'm inspired, so I'd best act before the moment passes and I'm back to piecing away.