Sunday, May 4, 2008

A New Month, A New Post (Finally!)

Yes, I am still alive!! I just had to focus on some things other than sewing and quilting for a while. Bummer, I know. But hopefully it will be worth it in the long run. I'll keep you posted.

I finally got around to sewing the binding on this quilt I started at a retreat in November (my apologies for the photo - I thought we'd go outside to shoot them in natural sunlight, but I hadn't counted on the breeze). Sandi did a wonderful job quilting it for me (when does she not do a great job? it's impossible!) and it sat waiting for me to give it some attention for a couple of months. Like I've said before, I have attention deficit when it comes to quilting projects - I jump all over the place, but it does guarantee that I pretty much always have something in any stage that I might be in the mood for.

Mom and Dad got me the pattern - Butter Charm & Jelly by Legacy Patterns - from the Fat Quarter Shop online (as you know, my favorite online vendor) for my birthday last fall. I bought the fabric from Patched Works. The pattern uses both charm packs and jelly rolls and goes together incredibly quickly (even at 2 a.m.). I have some leftovers that perhaps I'll turn into something useful one day (famous last words).

The fabric line featured in this quilt Fresh Air by Chez Moi. I wrote about this line in a previous post, mentioning that Ben disliked it because it was a bit too busy. I'll admit that it is busy, but I still love the colors and am of the opinion that he doesn't have to like everything that I make.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

No comments: